A fund raising committee was formed in 1946 and a ladies choir helped to raise funds for both the Village Hall and the Playing Fields particularly by carol singing over the Christmas period. The first item purchased was a piano for £5.00 which was stored in a barn as there was no hall yet!

The land was donated by Mrs Hulls (the mother of the late Henry) and John Hulls. Building work commenced in 1954 using voluntary labour. Later W.H.Hiam provided an input of labour for payment.
The flooring in the main hall cost £400.00 which was considered a great extravagance but it has been and still is being enjoyed by a great many dancers over the years.The hall was officially opened by Mr. Philip Morgan Price. M.P. In August 1956.
In 2003 the hall was modernised and refurbished as part of the Millennium celebration with improvements to the entrance foyer  and facilities. The Golden Jubilee celebration three years later gave every body a chance to look back and also to plan for the future. The Village Hall was opened for the community and looks forward to serving the local community for many more years in the future.